How to Heal Yourself At Home with Indoor Gardening
With today’s busy and fast paced environment, there is little time to de-stress and release the tension, particularly from work and personal lives. The rates of depression, anxiety, obesity, respiratory disorders and many other chronic illnesses are increasing among those living in urban areas. There is also growing concern over public health and social stability.
Besides, the current pandemic has forced many of us to work from home. Hence, there is a need to look at ways to improve or maintain our health and well-being. In recent times, indoor gardening is becoming quite popular among urban dwellers and it’s no wonder as the many benefits of gardening and plant life have been prolific as of late.
The act of gardening can have a healing effect in many ways, including lowering stress, creating a sense of fulfillment and generally promoting peace of mind. Gardening is a terrific preventative measure which can be taken relatively easily, and generates incredible health and social benefits.
In fact, studies have also shown that people who engage in routine therapeutic gardening experience a reduction of severity of pressure, depression, and increased attention capacity.
Here are some of the most amazing benefits of keeping an indoor garden:
1. Plants improve our air quality by filtering toxins that get trapped indoors.
2. The improved air quality lowers risk of respiratory disorders, chronic headaches and eye irritation.
3. Plants guide us to be attentive and responsive to their needs improving our levels of empathy and compassion.
4. A connection with plants improves human mental well-being as well as productivity levels.
5. An indoor garden can provide you with fresh kitchen ingredients.
6. Growing your own food reduces the risk of outdoor chemical ingestion.
7. Indoor gardening is a lot less maintenance and plants are relatively safe from pests and disease.
So, if you’re working from home like almost 50% of the world population, it’s a good time to start your own indoor therapeutic garden. You may wish to pursue some soilless gardening systems which are cost effective and low-maintenance.
These are excellent beginner options for those with busy lifestyles :
- Kim Gardens Family Garden Planter if you wish to have a bountiful garden. It holds up to 12 pods.
- Kim Gardens Lite Garden Planter if you like to grow plants in smaller quantities with 6 pods.